Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Studio Visit with Keliy Anderson-Staley

I visited Keliy Anderson-Staley's Studio a couple of weeks back, after her Conversation ran. I more or less invited myself over because I was so curious about her set-up. In college, I took some non-silver classes but never learned any of the wet plate processes. Keliy generously opened up her studio and invited me over for a collodion tintypes shoot.


Tintypes on the drying rack @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Camera and lenses @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Workspace @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


The Dark Room @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Plate developing @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Keliy pouring collodion back into the bottle @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Tintype collodion sitting in bath of water @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Tintypes of me! @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio


Keliy under her bright UV lights @ Keliy Anderson-Staley's studio

Thank you Keliy for welcoming us in!

If you are interested in participating in a sitting, contact Keliy at keliyas@gmail.com. For more information on Keliy and her work visit www.andersonstaley.com.

You can revisit her Conversation with us right here.

And if you happen to have a studio that you would like to open up for a Nymphoto Studio Visit, please drop me a line- rona@nymphoto.com.

1 comment:

nina corvallo said...

Thanks Rona and Keliy! Always so nice to see someone's work space.